1963-67 Corvette Classic Update Kit
The Classic Update Series gives you the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. They are designed for specific year, make, and model configurations. The 1963-67 Chevy Corvette Kit is no exception. The kit boasts 15 features making it the most complete system of its type in the industry including:
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30-amp circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are included (64-67 owners can use their original knob and shaft assembly if desired).
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- NEW compact ATO-Style fuse panel that is fully encased in a closed box assembly with coverlid that mounts on the left hand door hinge pillar under the dash for easy access (mounting hardware included). The fuse coverlid is labeled on the inside identifying all circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage output circuits incorporate the same superior spring steel reinforced terminals that are used in our Highway Series kits.
- Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; electric gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, updated wiper systems, etc.
- Many original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1963-67 Corvette columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Correct original style under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are included.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, AUTOMETER, VDO, and others (will not service the stock ammeter).
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location. Our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes stop / tail light lead and back up lead wires along with dis-connectable stop / tail and back up lamp extensions that include the proper “twist in” style tail lamp sockets and accordion style seal boots. License plate lamp lead along with fuel tank sender, power and dedicated sender ground leads are also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- A separate remote “through-the-firewall” bulkhead connector that mounts in the stock location of the original bulkhead connector is included so that the engine and front lighting wiring can be easily disconnected at the firewall.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All head light, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
- New headlight bucket extension harnesses are also included.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector included.